COVID-19: Research and aid projects COVID-19 emergency
Since 2015, the Glòria Soler Foundation has contributed to various Global Health projects, in collaboration with recognized centers of international prestige.
Due to the emergency situation generated in relation to the global pandemic, the Glòria Soler Foundation has decided to step forward and to focus mainly our work on accelerating knowledge about the new COVID-19 virus and to improve the assistance of the most vulnerable people.
The collaboration is essential to advance in the treatment and prevention against COVID-19 and to mitigate the effects of the economic and social crisis.
Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
The Glòria Soler Foundation has selected the following COVID-19 research projects:
- COVID BANK – with Hospital Clinic de Barcelona and IDIBAPS (Institut d’Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer).
- Clinical trial of Malaria in Kids and the COVID -19 in Africa, with ISGLOBAL Instituto de Salud Global de Barcelona, asociated with Hospital Clinic and Hospital del Mar.
- Development of therapeutic antibodies against SARS COVID-19 – IRSICAIXA, in collaboration with Barcelona Supercomputing Centre (BSC) and IRTA- CRESA (Centro de Investigación en Sanidad Animal) and IGTP (Instituto de Investigación Germans Trias y Pujol)
- Responding to Mental Health Projects related to COVID-19– Hospital Sant Joan de Déu, Parc Sanitari de Sant Boi and Parc Sanitari Lleida
- COVID-19:Digitalization and innovation in Banc dels Aliments.